"Meaning of my Name"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jsmith
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3308

    #1

    "Meaning of my Name"

    What is your first name? What is the origin and meaning of your name, both first and surname? Was it chosen for a reason, or was it a name that just appealed to your parents?

  • jsmith
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3308

    #2
    The origin of my name is Persian. My first name (Saeed) means “happy”. My parents chose this name for its meaning. My surname is a name of a small town that my great-grandfather lived in.

    Comment

    • abadani69
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2005
      • 21339

      #3
      dear friend, we have a section calls games and fun. please put your games in that thread. Thank you!

      Comment

      • jsmith
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 3308

        #4
        you don't really think this is a game, do you???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
        I would’ve agreed with moving it to “Literature, History & Geography” section, but “games”… I don’t think so.
        Last edited by jsmith; 02-05-2007, 05:14 PM.

        Comment

        • abadani69
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2005
          • 21339

          #5
          harfe MOD ro zire soal nabar Mr. jsmith

          Comment

          • zubin
            Member
            • Aug 2006
            • 1567

            #6
            Aziz, the answer to this question for me is "Ramin", which is the Persian Romeo or I'd like to think so lol, because of the story of Vis and Ramin, just one of many Persian love stories. What's interesting is that, like the story itself, I feel that I have stolen a "princess" from a special family, while I honestly am a nobody! lol...

            Some people have told me my name is also related to the Arabic "Amin", which I believe means faithful and trustworthy. But I thought my name was Persian in origin, so I'm a little confused on this subject.

            I think my grandma chose my name because I just so darn like a future Ramin when they saw me! I think they thought it as a nice name too.
            Last edited by zubin; 02-05-2007, 08:48 PM.
            Take him and cut him out in little stars,
            and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
            that all the world will be in love with night,
            and pay no worship to the garish sun

            - Shakespeare

            "In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill

            Comment

            • donsaeid
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2005
              • 28300

              #7
              Originally posted by jsmith View Post
              The origin of my name is Persian. My first name (Saeed) means “happy”. My parents chose this name for its meaning. My surname is a name of a small town that my great-grandfather lived in.
              ay khake aalam! saeid means happy? loooooooooooooooool saeid means khoshbakhti, por az salamati, +++ Eide Saeide Ghorban eide Saeide Noroz kholase intoria! happy? age manie esmeto mikhasti happy bashe esmeto avaz kon bezar shangol looooool
              نه غزه نه لبنان جانم فدای ایران


              «در زندگی زخم*هايی هست که مثل خوره روح را آهسته در انزوا می*خورد و می*تراشد.»
              صادق هدايت؛ بوف کور

              Comment

              • indian_blues
                Member
                • Aug 2006
                • 1893

                #8
                maybe the only foreign name here ... my name is "Haridas" an Indian origin....means Hari = Lord Hari aka Krishna aka Narayanan aka Vishnu das = devotee.

                devotee of Lord Vishnu.
                “I want to feel passion, I want to feel pain. I want to weep at the sound of your name. Come make me laugh, come make me cry... just make me feel alive.”

                If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues. - Edward Bulwer-Lytton


                Comment

                • jsmith
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3308

                  #9
                  btw, "Saeed" also means "monkey"!!!....
                  monkey as "blessed" and "blest" not the animal!!! ...

                  Comment

                  • donsaeid
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 28300

                    #10
                    meymon heykalete
                    نه غزه نه لبنان جانم فدای ایران


                    «در زندگی زخم*هايی هست که مثل خوره روح را آهسته در انزوا می*خورد و می*تراشد.»
                    صادق هدايت؛ بوف کور

                    Comment

                    • LadyPersia
                      Member
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 202

                      #11
                      I am not giving out my personal info but just came here to laugh at your posts, they are funny. haha
                      نازم به ناز آن کس که ننازد به ناز خويش مارا به ناز نازفروشان ،نياز نيست تا خدا بنده نواز است به خلقش چه نياز؟ مي کشم ناز يکي تا به همه ناز کنم

                      Comment

                      • abadani69
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 21339

                        #12
                        i am agree with it, I would give my personal info here to these ............
                        Originally posted by LadyPersia View Post
                        I am not giving out my personal info but just came here to laugh at your posts, they are funny. haha

                        Comment

                        • DokhtarIrooni
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 2347

                          #13
                          my name Bahar means "spring"... fasle bahar bedonya oomadam, hatman ye jooraii bekhatere ine... my dad came up with the name

                          wanna know more? lol
                          ~ Bahar ~

                          Comment

                          • zubin
                            Member
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 1567

                            #14
                            go ahead, it's nice to hear a story about a name
                            Take him and cut him out in little stars,
                            and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
                            that all the world will be in love with night,
                            and pay no worship to the garish sun

                            - Shakespeare

                            "In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill

                            Comment

                            • golgol85
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 4957

                              #15
                              Esme man "niloofar" esme yek gol hastesh. Niloofar golist ke ham dar khak va ham dar ab mitavanad berooyad. Be ranghaye mokhtalefi mitavanad bashad, mesle sefid, soorati, va banafsh. My parents chose a flower theme for me and my younger sister, both of us are named after flowers because they thought flowers are beautiful. Vaghti koochiktar boodam va hichki toyeh madrese esmam ro dorost nemigoft, delam mikhast ke esme ghabele talafoztari dashtam vali baadan ke kami bozorgtar shodam kheili az esmam khosham amad. Mitoonam begam taghriban har khanandeye irooni, yek ahang dareh ke esme man tooyeh hadaghal yek ahangesh peyda beshe.

                              Comment

                              Working...