What's your favorite type of music ? Artists/Styles

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zubin
    Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 1567

    #1

    What's your favorite type of music ? Artists/Styles

    I used to like rap the most, then electronic, now alternative. always loved all types of Iranian music too because of the language....
    Take him and cut him out in little stars,
    and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
    that all the world will be in love with night,
    and pay no worship to the garish sun

    - Shakespeare

    "In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill
  • abadani69
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2005
    • 21339

    #2
    I love Bandaryyyyyyyyyyyyyy vo har chi ke gher dar baashe

    Comment

    • Dokhtar Bandari
      Member
      • Oct 2007
      • 1099

      #3
      I love diversity in music. Anything that is put together well gets my attention. Of course being from south, bandari music has a special place in my heart. However, I love and often listen to classical music be it Persian or otherwise. One of my favorite composer is Vangelis...[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=VJdsCm2PV80"]YouTube - 1492 - Conquest of Paradise[/ame]
      and I have too many Persian ones to name here.
      I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
      I would be pure, for there are those who care;
      I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
      I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
      I would be friend of all—the foe—the friendless;
      I would be giving and forget the gift;
      I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
      I would look up and laugh—and love—and lift.
      Howard Walter

      Comment

      • Dokhtare_Malous
        Member
        • Dec 2005
        • 1819

        #4
        i love bandari vo ahangaye khodemoon loool oonayee ke bayad bedoonan chi migam midoonan heheheheh

        Comment

        • davidel
          Member
          • Jun 2006
          • 153

          #5
          I love Bandari & Garri (baba karami)
          David

          Comment

          • DokhtarIrooni
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2006
            • 2347

            #6
            i love almost everything
            ~ Bahar ~

            Comment

            • zubin
              Member
              • Aug 2006
              • 1567

              #7
              I like the 'almost'... recently, when meeting people, some people have told me they don't like "depressing music"... and I don't exactly understand what it means...
              Take him and cut him out in little stars,
              and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
              that all the world will be in love with night,
              and pay no worship to the garish sun

              - Shakespeare

              "In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill

              Comment

              • maryam9
                Member
                • Mar 2007
                • 644

                #8
                Originally posted by zubin View Post
                I like the 'almost'... recently, when meeting people, some people have told me they don't like "depressing music"... and I don't exactly understand what it means...
                Depressing music are things like Coldplay. One of my friends is totally obsessed, and likes to refer to them as being "mellow" whereas I hate it from the bottom of my heart.

                I listen to everything & anything (just not Marilyn Manson style )
                Middle eastern, greek, french, Peruvian (rainforest) music, celtic, oldschool, queen, micheal jackson, 70s, 80s, early 90s, classic, etc...
                Last edited by maryam9; 12-20-2007, 02:16 AM.
                Mary's back, back again

                Comment

                • zubin
                  Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 1567

                  #9
                  Originally posted by maryam9 View Post
                  Depressing music are things like Coldplay. One of my friends is totally obsessed, and likes to refer to them as being "mellow" whereas I hate it from the bottom of my heart.
                  yeah exactly! that's the kind of comment most people give, unless they're fans. I look at it differently though. I don't think there's such a thing as a depressing song. I think one, at least should, find beauty and even happiness in the expression of depression. It would only be tragic if one was not able to express their sadness. Once I hear someone expressing their depression, I feel a sort of triumph for them as well as for myself for being enlightened by it, which I think is positive, going for sad persian songs like some of ebi to bands like coldplay etc...
                  Take him and cut him out in little stars,
                  and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
                  that all the world will be in love with night,
                  and pay no worship to the garish sun

                  - Shakespeare

                  "In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill

                  Comment

                  • DokhtarIrooni
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 2347

                    #10
                    honestly man faghato faghat irani goosh midam
                    ~ Bahar ~

                    Comment

                    • Rasputin
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 63906

                      #11
                      Originally posted by DokhtarIrooni View Post
                      honestly man faghato faghat irani goosh midam
                      This is not good my dear ! you should to listen all types of the music !

                      iran

                      Comment

                      • maaforever
                        Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 111

                        #12
                        pop==============rap

                        Comment

                        Working...