A Father’s Desperate Plea to Save the Life of His Young Daughter

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Parinaz_M
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2003
    • 19964

    #1

    A Father’s Desperate Plea to Save the Life of His Young Daughter

    My name is Abolfazl Rahmanpour, and I am Kobra Rahmanpour’s father. I am writing to ask you to voice your objection to the unjust death sentence of my daughter.

    My little girl was forced to marry a man who was 43 years her senior. Kobra was a star student and had dreams of going to college. However, extreme poverty forced her to forego all of her dreams and goals.

    Before getting married, Kobra had a difficult life. After marriage, not only was she unable to find peace or happiness, but she was subjected to a life that was even more brutal. The extent of problems and abuse that Kobra endured in a household where she was first a maid and then a bride, forced a kind girl such as Kobra to become involved in a physical altercation, during which she had no choice but to defend herself – an act that led to the death of her abuser.

    Since then, Kobra has spent the best years of her teenage and young life in jail on death row. She has suffered greatly and is entirely broken. She should not face any more torture and cruelty. She should not feel the executioner’s rope around her neck, and I should not be a witness to her pale, lifeless body, forever asking myself how could I have let this happen or what should I have done differently so that my young child would not have had to face such a brutal life and such a horrifying death?

    Kobra, herself, has stated that she wishes to live; she is terrified of execution, of public hanging, and of the cranes that will elevate her to her death. She wants to go to college and get an education. Kobra is an extremely kind girl – a fact to which even her fellow prisoners attest. She should be released from prison to start a new and normal life.

    Our only hope for saving Kobra’s life remains in YOUR objections to her unjust sentence. The only way to save Kobra’s life is the collective voices of all persons who find her punishment unfair and inhumane, those who believe in the basic rights of all humans, those who oppose the death penalty, and various international human rights organizations.

    I ask you to put yourself in my position and that of Kobra’s mother for even one moment to understand the horror and the pain with which we deal on a daily basis. I am willing to be executed in Kobra’s place if that would ensure her freedom. All my life, I have worked hard, from morning to night, and have lived a respectable and honest life; I can not help but wonder how or why this fate has befallen upon me and my family. If Kobra is executed, her mother and I will have nothing left in our lives. PLEASE HELP US.

    Please lend your support to my family, to my handicapped child who constantly asks for her sister, Kobra, and to the rest of Kobra’s relatives and loved ones who are horrified by the prospect of the execution our kind and beautiful child, our beloved Kobra. We ask that you sign the petition to save Kobra’s life, even though we realize that we do not have much time left. Yet, during these last hours, we plead with you to lend us a helping hand: By signing this petition, please voice YOUR objection to Kobra’s unjust punishment and support our efforts to save her life.


    Sincerely,







    God made Coke,
    God made Pepsi,
    God made Persian girls so DAMN SEXY!!!

    ~Zende Bad Iran Va Irani~
  • mike435
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 2104

    #2
    were is the petition


    G-d determines who walks into your life....It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.


    Comment

    • Parinaz_M
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2003
      • 19964

      #3







      God made Coke,
      God made Pepsi,
      God made Persian girls so DAMN SEXY!!!

      ~Zende Bad Iran Va Irani~

      Comment

      • golgol85
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 4957

        #4
        Thank you for bringing this very important matter to our attention Parinaz joon. I went and signed, and I hope this poor girl will be given a second chance since she did what any normal person would do. She did not choose to born into a life of poverty, she did not choose to marry a man who was old enough to be her father or grandfather for that matter. No one should be denied the right to defend themself. I hope her parents have learned that although they may have had her best interest in mind (I am going to guess the man was rich), they made the biggest mistake and admitting to that mistake is evident in Kobra's father's letter. I hope Kobra will get the chance to live, the chance to go to college, the chance to reach her goals, and the chance to show the world that she really was just an innocent victim of her circumstances.

        Comment

        • Parinaz_M
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2003
          • 19964

          #5
          very well said niloo joon

          i just wish that more poeople would pay attention to this topic and help Kobra..........







          God made Coke,
          God made Pepsi,
          God made Persian girls so DAMN SEXY!!!

          ~Zende Bad Iran Va Irani~

          Comment

          • golgol85
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 4957

            #6
            Thank you Parinaz joon, if anything we should thank you more for bringing this to our attention. Please make this thread a sticky and ask people in the general discussions section to come and sign the petition. I say general discussions since many dont come to the politics section and the discussion gets a lot of visitors.

            Comment

            • indian_blues
              Member
              • Aug 2006
              • 1893

              #7
              signed. let us hope she is saved.
              “I want to feel passion, I want to feel pain. I want to weep at the sound of your name. Come make me laugh, come make me cry... just make me feel alive.”

              If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues. - Edward Bulwer-Lytton


              Comment

              • Parinaz_M
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2003
                • 19964

                #8
                ok people plz sign the petition







                God made Coke,
                God made Pepsi,
                God made Persian girls so DAMN SEXY!!!

                ~Zende Bad Iran Va Irani~

                Comment

                Working...