Who is Coming to America?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rasputin
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2005
    • 63906

    #1

    Who is Coming to America?

    Immigration may have taken a back seat during the financial crisis, but the issue still needs resolving. While illegal immigrants sneaking over the border is still a primary concern, it’s good to know who came to our country legally, and from where.

    Our latest Transparency is a look at the 20 countries from which the most people came to America in 2008, how many immigrants already had family here, and how many received asylum when they arrived on our shores.






    iran
  • Dokhtar Bandari
    Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 1099

    #2
    I was in Napa Valley recently and went to the Darius vineyard. There was bus load of Iranians that had traveled from Tehran to USA and I asked if they were tourists and the lady whom I was conversing with said no they are a group of investors who are taking a few days to visit around California Valley. Boy were they drinking alright...go figure..investors from Iran in US drinking wine...hmmmmmm
    I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
    I would be pure, for there are those who care;
    I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
    I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
    I would be friend of all—the foe—the friendless;
    I would be giving and forget the gift;
    I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
    I would look up and laugh—and love—and lift.
    Howard Walter

    Comment

    Working...