If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Hi everyone.. I just made my first post today. Just wanted to say hi and mention that I'm glad to be a part of a large Iranian community. I look forward to discussion and laughs.
Yours truly,
Ramin
15
Yes
26.67%
4
No
46.67%
7
Undecided
13.33%
2
I did not understand the question
13.33%
2
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
that all the world will be in love with night,
and pay no worship to the garish sun
- Shakespeare
"In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill
Thank you for a warm welcome. I look forward to discussions on life...
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
that all the world will be in love with night,
and pay no worship to the garish sun
- Shakespeare
"In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill
Last edited by zubin; 10-08-2006, 08:40 PM.
Reason: mistake
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
that all the world will be in love with night,
and pay no worship to the garish sun
- Shakespeare
"In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill
Now that we're half way there, I also put up a poll on whether you find frogs interesting. Let me know if you want to continue this particular discussion. I may move to turtles next if I don't see enough public support for the frog...
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
that all the world will be in love with night,
and pay no worship to the garish sun
- Shakespeare
"In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill
mind if i ask what you are doing in the cayman islands ramin?
you seem to be really into nature, very interesting. i think frogs are really cute, turtles are cute too
I'm very happy to hear the pleasant feedback regarding the frogs. Actually, right now its their mating season and its really tough on some of them that don't have the better croak.
Anyway, I don't mind personal questions at all actually. Is that wierd? Right now I'm studying law in Grand Cayman (I'm actually registered at Liverpool, England) with a view towards environmental law. One of the good things about this area is that you don't need to morally evaluate the trees, frogs or shrubs that you are defending. They are simply cool! Though I must say that I'm interested in the human arena as well.
I'm looking for a turtle that hasn't been photographed and misrepresented out of their context... damn media! At Grand Cayman, there's this really big and happy turtle farm where they are also saving some almost extinct types of turtles. Soon enough they should also have their webcams up.
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
that all the world will be in love with night,
and pay no worship to the garish sun
- Shakespeare
"In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill
that sounds far from boring. to be honest i thought you might be studying ecology, the last thing i thought you would be studying is environmental law. what an interesting place to choose to pursue your studies.
frogs are just like humans, the ones that can croak louder get the better females, hehe. sad but harsh reality of life. you seem to really be enjoying your education, which is the way education should be.
that sounds far from boring. to be honest i thought you might be studying ecology, the last thing i thought you would be studying is environmental law. what an interesting place to choose to pursue your studies.
frogs are just like humans, the ones that can croak louder get the better females, hehe. sad but harsh reality of life. you seem to really be enjoying your education, which is the way education should be.
Lol... Well, I guess the quality of the croak also matters. A unique and more well-rounded croak is becoming more and more popular now.
Are frogs ahead of us in this?
And yeah, it may be the reality at the moment, but I must feel for the frogs with the worse croak (and you implied that you care for these as well). It's not like they can't croak just as good as the others in time...
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
that all the world will be in love with night,
and pay no worship to the garish sun
- Shakespeare
"In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill
Haha, its the frog that makes the croak, not the croak that makes the frog. if a female frog is smart enough to look past the croak, then who knows what she'll find.
I do care for the frogs with the worse croak, then again croak is in the eye of the beholder, so one female frog may find the croak romantic enough to give the frog a chance. practice makes perfect, or so we would like to think, but maybe its better to be different.
Haha, its the frog that makes the croak, not the croak that makes the frog. if a female frog is smart enough to look past the croak, then who knows what she'll find.
I do care for the frogs with the worse croak, then again croak is in the eye of the beholder, so one female frog may find the croak romantic enough to give the frog a chance. practice makes perfect, or so we would like to think, but maybe its better to be different.
Life is full of changes, and its great.
Thanks for giving such a heartwarming and great reply,
Ramin
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
and he will make the face of heaven so fine,
that all the world will be in love with night,
and pay no worship to the garish sun
- Shakespeare
"In all intellectual debates, both sides tend to be correct in what they affirm, and wrong in what they deny." - JS Mill
Comment