40 clues to recognize you are an "IROONI"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dokhtar Bandari
    Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 1099

    #16
    If you leave your house at the exact time that the event you're going to is supposed to start, no matter how far you live from the place. (USUALLY KNOWN AS *PST*: Persian Standard Time)
    If you talk with your friends on your cell phone while you are still able to see them in the distance.
    If you have Thanksgiving dinner with "berenj"(RICE), and "khoresht."(STEW) *
    If your mother fishes for compliments after the dinner, proclaiming to everyone that the "berenj"(RICE) and "khoresht"(STEW) needed more "namak."(SALT) *(ONLY APPLIES TO THE MOTHERS WHO COOK, SOME MOTHERS HAVE THEIR MAIDES COOK FOR THEM AFTER THEY HAVE TAUGHT THEM HOW)*
    If after a family meal, there is a fight to the death over who should wash the dishes while the men sit on their behinds and play cards, waiting for their tea.
    If you are so anxious to watch the Iranian show on Sundays, you are willing to sit through 5 minutes of Korean game shows so you don't miss the beginning. (THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE ADULTS)
    If you call everyone you know as soon as there is an American nightly news show doing a story about Iran or someone from Iran.
    If you have your own "beeziness"(BUSINESS) yet you have never seen a 1040 tax form.
    If you have your own "beeziness"(BUSINESS) yet you are a "doaktor"(DOCTOR), or a "mohandess".
    If you come to this country every few months to pick up your social security checks yet you don’t speak a word of English, and you have never actually worked in this country.
    If your child is "Shagerd-eh avall"(#1 STUDENT) in his school.
    (This applies only to the boys. The girls know that they are going to get married and live off of their husband’s money, no matter how old he may be, as long as he can buy her Gucci products.)
    If you spend your life savings on a BMW, a Mercedes Benz, or any other expensive car just so you can seem rich to other Persians. If you study at UCI (University of Cherah Injah-hastam) (UNIVERSITY OF WHY AM I HERE) and you complain to your friends in Farsi about how the Asians never speak English.
    khodam migam khodam mikhandam
    I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
    I would be pure, for there are those who care;
    I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
    I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
    I would be friend of all—the foe—the friendless;
    I would be giving and forget the gift;
    I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
    I would look up and laugh—and love—and lift.
    Howard Walter

    Comment

    • Mazandaran
      Member
      • Jul 2006
      • 150

      #17
      eranian dont even say we are eranian, eranian say we are pershiaan!!! meow!!!

      Comment

      • Dokhtar Bandari
        Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 1099

        #18
        Originally posted by Mazandaran View Post
        eranian dont even say we are eranian, eranian say we are pershiaan!!! meow!!!
        Whatch ya talking about Willis?
        Iranians are Persians, Turks, Lors, Arabs, Kurds, Rossie and so on so forth, all collectively are Iranians if they were born or live in Iran. That is the beauty of our country. Now if you are from the Shiraz Region then you are Persian, you don't have to live there just a family legacy will do. Now you did spell Eran correctly and for that you get a biest..lol
        I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
        I would be pure, for there are those who care;
        I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;
        I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
        I would be friend of all—the foe—the friendless;
        I would be giving and forget the gift;
        I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
        I would look up and laugh—and love—and lift.
        Howard Walter

        Comment

        • Mazandaran
          Member
          • Jul 2006
          • 150

          #19
          Originally posted by Dokhtar Bandari View Post
          Whatch ya talking about Willis?
          Iranians are Persians, Turks, Lors, Arabs, Kurds, Rossie and so on so forth, all collectively are Iranians if they were born or live in Iran. That is the beauty of our country. Now if you are from the Shiraz Region then you are Persian, you don't have to live there just a family legacy will do. Now you did spell Eran correctly and for that you get a biest..lol
          boro Maz Jorbani ro nega kon [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuC_qXwOGpc"]YouTube - Maz Jobrani: Persians vs. Arabs[/ame]

          Comment

          Working...